Protecting Your Email with IDMI.Net
In the last decade, email has become one of the most important communication tools for large and small businesses alike. Just as it’s important to have an email account, it’s equally as important to know how to keep it safe. At IDMI.Net, we have you covered.
Create Strong Passwords
Creating a strong password is the foundation of account security. Creating a good password is easy, here are some rules you should follow to ensure you create a strong password:
- Use a pass “phrase” instead of a password
- Passwords should be a minimum of 8 characters in length
- Include a mixture of upper and lower case characters
- Use at least one number and special character
Be Aware of Suspicious Emails
The ability to identify suspicious emails also plays an important role in keeping your email safe. Look for these tip-offs when reading your email:
- You are addressed vaguely
- A request has been made that you didn’t initiate
- Poor spelling and grammar
- Masked hyperlinks
- Attachments from unknown senders
What if my Account has become Compromised?
- If you still have access, reset your password immediately
- Run a virus scan on your local machine
- Contact IDMI.Net support for account assessment
Contact our support staff at support.idmi.net for any questions about keeping your email account safe.