As you begin setting up your business’s online operations, one of the first tasks you are likely to perform is setting up email accounts for your business and employees. While it’s tempting to use free services like Gmail or Yahoo to save money, it is a better decision to use an email service based on your domain.
Here are the biggest reasons why you should have domain email for your company.
- More professionalism: Simply put, using a firstname.lastname@example.org email address can look amateurish. Companies that have taken the time and made the investment to create email addresses based on their own domains will offer a much better first impression than companies that have taken a few minutes to create a Gmail account.
- More memorable: Using your domain name in your email address makes it easier for people to remember both your website and your email address. They won’t have to remember which platform you are using for your email—it’s just your website.
- More authentic: Most spammers use free email account services because it is easy to create a whole bunch of them in a short amount of time. You are less likely to have your email sent to spam servers (or to be mistaken for spammers by your email targets) if you have an email address based on your company’s domain.
- More credibility: A part of your customers will, whether they realize it or not, place more trust in your business because you have invested that much more in your company by using a domain-based email rather than a free email. You can establish a bit more credibility and legitimacy in this way.
- More worthwhile investment: Even though branded emails are not free, they are still inexpensive and easy to set up and use. The numerous other benefits you get as a business as a result of using a branded email are more than worth the minimal financial investment it takes to get it established.
Domain email is easy, affordable and adds a lot of professionalism to your company. For more information about how to get started with it for your business, contact us today at IDMI.Net